Whether we should keep guitars in their case or not is a never-ending debate. There are different views on this; some consider that cases protect the guitar from outside elements and accidental damage. Meanwhile, others claim that cases are expensive and inconvenient. Guitar cases help in protecting it from damage and, dirt & debris. There are many advantages of keeping the guitar in a case, and today’s post will discuss some of them.
What Are The Benefits of Keeping Guitar in Case?
- Like cars, you need to maintain guitars for smooth working. Guitars should be kept in case because they are susceptible to outside elements and can lead to damage if kept outside. In the sun, the guitar can get warp due to heat, the guitar’s wood can swell in the rainy season, and the guitar can develop mold or mildew in high humidity. In order to prevent such malfunctions, it’s best to keep guitars in case.
- Putting the guitar in the case adds an extra layer of protection and reduces the risk of damage. Guitar cases protect the guitar from outside elements, pets, and children.
- Placing a guitar in a case should be part of your maintenance routine. The accumulation of dirt on guitars over time is usual, and the dirt accumulated on the guitar will affect the quality of the instrument. By putting your guitar in a case, you’ll be able to maintain hygiene and keep it clean.
- A guitar without a case is an easy target for thieves. Meanwhile, guitar in cases is less prone to theft because guitar cases, especially hard-shell cases, are big and hard to open. Due to their big size, the guitar case will attract attention and prevent it from getting stolen.
- Carrying a guitar by the neck is very difficult and irritating. But the guitar case aids in the transportation of the guitar. Besides this, the guitar case will protect it from getting knocked off any object.
- A guitar needs many accessories, but it would be hard to get them in one place without a guitar case.
- A guitar case is a must-needed thing for people living in high-humidity areas. The wood of your guitar can swell and lead to mold or mildew in high-humidity areas. So it’s always necessary to keep the guitar in case if you reside in high-humidity areas.
- Lastly, a guitar case will increase the value of your guitar. The guitar case is a valuable accessory, as most people do not own it. So if you have a guitar case and are thinking of resale your guitar, it will increase the guitar’s resale value.
If you are also looking for a durable guitar case, you can refer to Solo Guitars. They deal in DIY kits, guitar cases, accessoriesand other related products. In addition, they also provide guitar custom work and tech services. Solo Guitars has been serving music enthusiasts, repair shops, instrumentalists, and hobbyists since 2008 and globally source hard-to-find items. To check product availability, visit their official website Solomusicgear.com.